We are in need of a park maintenance person:
Park Maintenance Worker
Under supervision, the Parks Maintenance Worker will perform various park maintenance tasks. This position will report to the District Manager and will be responsible for adhering to maintenance and safety standards that strengthen the community image and sense of place in all District Parks. The Parks Maintenance Worker will possess a strong orientation towards customer service, a stewardship philosophy toward ecosystem management, and will be committed to professional development in parks maintenance.
Essential Duties are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills. They are intended to be accurate summaries of what the job classification involves and what is required to perform it. Employees are responsible for all other duties as assigned.
- Maintains irrigation systems, including timers, sprinkler heads, main lines, audits, clock programing and general maintenance repairs.
- Turf management such as mowing, aerating, fertilizing, top dressing, edging and weed spraying.
- Maintains athletic activity areas (dragging, nail dragging, prepping), maintain fences, benches, drinking fountains, sidewalks, restrooms and general repairs.
- Maintains park by blowing, trash pick-up, painting, graffiti and power washing facilities.
- Maintains and repairs playground equipment (including safety checks).
- Performs equipment and vehicle inspections.
- Cleans and removes litter from parks, parking lot, and other public areas.
- Operates and/or drives a variety of light and heavy equipment as directed.
- Inspects and repairs tennis and basketball courts (including safety checks).
- Maintains Horse Arena
- Snow Removal from main office, Hatzis Hall and parks
- Opens and locks public facilities as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position requires High School diploma or equivalent. Must possess a valid Colorado driver’s license. Should have three years of experience in park maintenance, turf maintenance, grounds care, landscape construction, building maintenance, or related experience. Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job, may be substituted for evaluation at the discretion of the Board.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- District policies and procedures
- Custodial materials and the application of those materials for cleaning public facilities, buildings and mechanical equipment
- Tools and machinery used in parks and grounds maintenance
- Federal, State and City safety rules and regulations
- Occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Works cooperatively with District and County employees and tactfully with the general public.
- Communicates with co-workers, customers or the general public by telephone, email, or face to face.
Physical Ability: Position typically requires: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, repetitive motions. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Project Management: Tasks require the ability to schedule, coordinate, and manage various projects of varying degrees of difficulty, size and complexity.
Equipment, Machinery, Tools, and Materials: Tasks require the ability to operate, maneuver, and/or control the actions of equipment, machinery, tools, and/or materials, commensurate with duties of the position.
Social and Interpersonal Communication Skills: Position requires professional social and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to function in a major organizational unit requiring significant internal and external interaction.
Reasoning: Position requires functional reasoning skills enabling the analysis of major problems that necessitate complex planning for interrelated activities that can span one or several work units. Position requires situational reasoning skills allowing for the ability to exercise judgment, decisiveness and innovation in situations involving broader aspects of the organization.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change.
At-will position, Salary, Insurance considerations
This position is an at-will position that exists only under the direction of the PVMD Board of
Directors. No contract is implied or intended. The PVMD may terminate this position at any
time. This is a full-time, hourly position. Starting pay will depend upon qualifications and experience. Park Maintenance personnel shall possess a current driver’s license and be insurable under the District’s insurance policy.
Pleasant View Metropolitan District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
** Please contact the office if you have any questions: 303-277-9547 or send your resume to: email@example.com