Pleasant View Fire actively recruits new personnel throughout the year. We typically test in the fall to bring new members on for following year’s recruit academy, or mini academy for Firefighter I applicants.
The department requires the members to have a Colorado Division of Fire Safety certification at the following levels upon completion of their probation:
- Hazmat Operations
They are also encouraged to obtain Driver Operator, and Firefighter II in their second year with us.
Members are also encouraged to have Emergency Medical Technician or Paramedic.
The written is a general aptitude test; the agility consists of three minutes on a stair machine, followed by a hose pull, dummy drag, equipment carry, sledge hammer raise and swing.
The recruit process begins with the written application to join the department, followed by the physical agility test. Those that pass the written and agility test receive a back ground check and are then invited to an interview. After the interview process, they are brought on the department where they begin their one year probation. During this probation period, they attend fire academy, Hazmat Operations, Driver Operator and hydraulics classes. They also are given a Probation Task Book that has to be completed by the end of Probation.
- All members are required to contribute 36 hours of duty time each and every month.
- Members are required to attend the prescribed amount of training (currently 4 hours per month) as set forth by the department.
- New members are placed on probation for a period of one year. During the probationary period, members are required to attend ALL department trainings, unless enrolled in the academy. Furthermore, Probationary members may be terminated at any time with or without justification.
- Members going to academy enter into a two year service agreement with the district. Should you fail to complete the agreement, you will be responsible for reimbursing the department for the costs of your education.
- All employees, volunteers, and reserve members of the Pleasant View Metropolitan District are considered “at will” employees. Employment or membership status may be terminated at anytime, with or without cause by the District or the employee/member.
- All employees/members must sign a Confidentiality Agreement. Failure to do so will result in termination.
- All sworn positions require the signing of an Oath of Service. Failure to do so, may result in termination.
- Failure to meet any of these requirements shall be grounds for termination from the department.