Welcome to the PVFD online application!
To the applicant:
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in the Pleasant View Fire Department. We are a progressive, all hazard response agency covering unincorporated Jefferson County and part of Lakewood. Our district is comprised of residential, highway, open space, and commercial, including the Colorado Mills Mall and Denver West Shopping Center. Our staff is composed of three paid administrators and roughly 40 volunteer members who work together to answer 800-900 calls for service annually, with an average response time of 3.5 minutes. We operate four apparatus out of one station with ambulance service provided by AMR.
We require 36 hours of station time each month in addition to trainings once a month on a weekend day. If you do not possess current Firefighter 1, and Hazardous Materials Operations certifications, they will be provided for you. If you do possess current certifications you will be released to active duty after an orientation period. All new members are placed on probation for a period of one year. During the probationary period you are expected to attend all training sessions. If you will be going through the academy you will be required to sign a two year service contract. In return for service we offer a very competitive pension program with half vestment at 10 years and educational benefits.
The testing process is comprised of three phases. The first phase is a written competency exam, consisting of 50 questions. Following the successful completion of the written exam you will move on to the physical agility test. This phase is designed to evaluate your basic physical abilities. The test is composed of activities commonly encountered by the Firefighter. Successful candidates will then move to the interview phase. In this phase you will be interviewed by a panel of Officers and Firefighters. Following this step, selected candidates will be notified of their standing.
Fill out the online application by following the link below. You will be taken to the Acknowledgement of Membership Requirements page. Please read this document carefully, you will be asked to affirm that you have read and understand it at the end of the application.
Once your application is received and processed you will be notified of the test date and time. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Once again thank you for your interest, and I look forward to working with you.
Office Phone: 303-279-4361
We are currently accepting applications for a tentative testing process in late November 2017. Candidates will complete a full firefighter academy beginning March 2018.
- All members are required to contribute 36 hours of duty time each and every month.
- Members are required to attend the prescribed amount of training (currently 4 hours per month) as set forth by the department.
- New members are placed on probation for a period of one year. During the probationary period, members are required to attend ALL department trainings, unless enrolled in the academy. Furthermore, Probationary members may be terminated at any time with or without justification.
- Members going to academy enter into a two year service agreement with the district. Should you fail to complete the agreement, you will be responsible for reimbursing the department for the costs of your education.
- All employees, volunteers, and reserve members of the Pleasant View Metropolitan District are considered “at will” employees. Employment or membership status may be terminated at anytime, with or without cause by the District or the employee/member.
- All employees/members must sign a Confidentiality Agreement. Failure to do so will result in termination.
- All sworn positions require the signing of an Oath of Service. Failure to do so, may result in termination.
- Failure to meet any of these requirements shall be grounds for termination from the department.